VERY SIMPLE STEPS…
1. GO TO WINDOWS FOLDER…
2. SEARCH WGA
3. RENAME ALL WGA FILE TO WGA2222 OR CHANGE IT TO ANY FILE NAME
IF VERY SIMPLE STEPS DOESNT SOLVE THE PROBLEM..
Following three simple steps now you can get rid of the pesky and sometimes buggy Windows Genuine Advantage (WGA) notifications:
1. Reboot Windows in safe mode (hold the f8 key while booting and you will get the option to boot in safe mode) and then: hehehe..
2. Open Registry Editor (regedit.exe) and search for wgalogon folder and delete it. You should backup up the registry beforehand, in case somethiong goes wrong.
3. In your windows directory search for files wga* and delete them.
Disable WGA Notifications
- Log on to the computer by using an account that has administrative permissions.
- Make sure that the WGA Notifications version that exists on the computer is a pilot version. The version format for the pilot version is 1.5.0532.x. In this case, you can uninstall versions 527-532 only. For example, you can uninstall versions that range from 1.5.0527.0 to 1.5.0532.2. To find the WGA Notifications version, follow these steps.
- Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
- Double-click Add or Remove Programs, click Windows XP – Software, click Windows Genuine Advantage Notifications, and then click Click here for support information.
- In the Support Info dialog box, verify the version number, and then click Close.
- Rename the following files by changing the extension to .old:
- Rename %Windir%\system32\WgaLogon.dll to %Windir%\system32\WgaLogon.old
- Rename %Windir%\system32\WgaTray.exe to %Windir%\system32\WgaTray.old
- Restart the computer.